Hi

First up my specs:

CPU: i3 3.1 Ghz

PSU: Powercase 580watt Atx12v Model: PSUPOW580MAX

Mobo: H67MA USB3 B3 Gigabyte LGA 1155 H67

Ram: 4gb

GPU: GTX 560ti

--

So i want to up grade, first up i want to go from a 32bit os to 64bit, i know that you have to do a fresh install if you want to change but when i go from 32bit to 64bit will i have any troubles when i'm installing the 64bit? Also any links to how to change 32 > 64bit would be great :).

CPU: I'm aiming for a I7, i will have lot of applications open, and multitasking. And one thats already OC.

PSU: Don't really want to change but if i have to i have to. ??

Mobo: Don't want to change.

Ram: Probably upgrade to 6gb.

GPU: Aiming for Gtx 660 (maybe ti)

Suggestions, help, is much appreciated :)

You need to have a 64bit OS first, then you need to format and install the fresh copy. You shouldn't have anything extra to do and it is the same process as installing a 32bit OS.

You don't necessarily need an i7 for that. An i5 would do anything you need with a much lower cost. I would aim for getting an i5 3570. There isn't a "Pre-OC" kind of CPU. They all have a turbo but that turbo speed isn't sustained. If you want to OC, you will need a new board and a K series processor.

Just grab a cheap 8GB 1600MHz 2 stick kit from Newegg. You can get some for cheaper than 40 bucks these days.

Are you gaming? If so then the upgrade to the 660ti would be warranted, but if not then not necessary.

Although not necessary, I would upgrade the PSU. Not necessarily in wattage but quality.

Just getting a idea.

I do electrical engineering(Programming, Schematics, virtual pc etc)and those use alot of cpu and video editing etc

Would i7 3770 suit that?. :eek:

The 660TI would be a great upgrade if you can sell your 560TI to cover some of the costs and would also use less power and run cooler generally saving you more money. As PP Said if you don't do any gaming or any higher end gaming to be specific, I don't think upgrading would be justified. The 560TI is still a great card and if you haven't yet you could always try overclocking it if it's not performing to your needs at the moment.

Alright,

So do i install all of the components first before i change 32bit > 64bit or do 64bit then install??

Back
Top Bottom