Computer Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

phu302000

Solid State Member
Hey you guys, I need your help in uprading my computer. Right now my comp is at 3.0 ghz pentium 4 (775 socket), xfx 6600gt agp 128, 1 gig kingston hyperx (dual), 120 gig western digital hardrive, and an Abit mobo, forgot the model, but it was one of those uguru mobos. Right now i dont know what the problem is, but my games like COD2 only get average 20-50 fps, and for firefights, only like 10-20. For CSS, stress i only get like 40-50. And i always have some weird lines going across my screen (Sansung SyncMaster 712n) I preety much gave up all hope, and want to upgrade to a newer comp. And I wanted to ask you guys what would be the best setup for a medium budget of around $600- 700, this time i want to go to amd 64, for a well decent gaming comp. Any suggestions welcome, please help!.

PQ:cool:

well, its just pure specuations, but i think that ur problem is that, u have a pentium cpu thats 3.0GHz which im told is the equivalent of a 2.0GHz AMD. The graphics card, although good, is outdated and is only 128MB ( although im not sure if there are 256s for the 6600). im not sure, but maybe a lil more RAM. and a 12ms response time monitor isnt that great, i hear ppl still get some ghosting on a 8ms monitor.

-my 2 cents, not sure if im right.
lol, go ahead flame me.

i'd suggest a amd athlon 64 x2 3800+, asus a8n sli deluxe ( or premium if u got a lil more cash), a 7800GT, 7900 might add up to a lil above ur budget.

I think u shuold be able to run it preety well with those. that should add up to around, what?
350+120 or something for the mobo+ 300 for the card, not sure if im right, cause i dont know US prices, just CDN ( im just guessing) it shouhld be cheaper than that, no?

hey thanks for the help, but i dont think i can afford a 7800 any time soon when im only 14. im definitely not going to get SLI. But what mobo do u think i should get for a decent price, for an amd 3400-3600, and a nvidia 6800 gt, 256mb? I probly just gonna take the processor from my parents comp upstaris, since they rarely use it, and buy some more memory and a mobo and video card. So if you can help me thks. also im starting to hate intel's performance, so now my budget would be around $400-500. (trying to get my PS3 first before my comp upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom