Computer Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris21

Beta member
Hi all,

How good, performance wise, are these two items? Will they be able to run all the latest games at high quality?

Asus EN7600GS SILENT/HTD Series Video Card, GeForce 7600 GS, 256MB, DDR2, PCIe-16, TV out, DVI, HDTV - $211.03NZD

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU, 2.2GHz, Socket 939, 32/64-Bit, ATX, Retail pack with fan - $195.77NZD

Also how much of an improvement are they over a CPU of Pentium 4 3.0Ghz and a video card of GeForce 6600GT 256MB?

Appreciate any info you guys can give.

The processor will run games at high quality. I don't run anything very big, and it runs great. Very fast, no lagging at all. PERIOD.

The graphics card is OK, but I would recommend a 7600GT.

That processor is pretty freaking slow, the only reason talldude123 said it is good is because he has one.

That video card is pretty weak to. You might be able to play games on medium settings at most.

^ But I was able to run Doom 3, Far Cry, Quake 4, and the like on high settings with my Pentium 4 3.0GHz and Geforce 6600GT.

The CPU will run great. I have a 3200+, and it handles everything I throw at it (and I'm a power user).

The 7600GS is a good mid-range card. It'll run just about anything, but it can't run the top-end stuff on high settings. The GT is a bit better, though, as talldude said. And if you can swing it, the 7900GS's run about $50 more than the 7600GT's.

Yes, my answers usually differ from most on here, but I realize not everyone can afford the biggest and bestest.

those will work, but I might suggest the 3700 vice the 35, due to the 3700 San Diego core having a 1MB L2 cache, vice the 3500 having a 512KB L2. That will give you a little extra oomph...

True, Nukem. And with the price of the 939's as low as they are, it would make sense to go with it (or an even better one... NewEgg had the FX-55 for $140 the other day).

Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it, I don't know much about this side of computers so I appreciate your help.

How much of an improvement (roughly) will the GeForce 7600 GS and Athlon 64 3500+ CPU 2.2GHz give over the Pentium 4 3.0GHz and Geforce 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom