Computer Science Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
Ok well I have to do this computer science project for school and I was thinking about doing something like testing the difference in speed if you add more ram or larger hdd's to a computer. Problem is I dont know what program I could use to test these speeds. I have heard of this BenchMark05 thingy or something like that so if anyone has any ideas how I can test the speeds it would be really helpful!!

well .. if im not mistaken the more hdd space you have its not going ot speed stuff up ... its the cache size and .. same with ram if i have 512 and the progran olny used 256 2 gb wont help me there....

hey napster! want to give me one of your 4 hard drives?? :)

on topic:

the speed of the hard drive actually will affect the speed of your computer. say you have a 5400rpm laptop drive. well my 10,000 rpm desktop raptor is going to boot up and load faster than your laptop will. RAM size will affect speed but only to a point. More RAM is only good for computers who require it. Say i just bought a brand new dell computer(meh) with 512 ram. Its perfectly clean so it will most likely boot up in under 20 seconds. Now my friend has a custom built computer with 2 gig of ram. his boots up in less than a minute. Why slower? because of the amount of space left on the HDD, how many apps and progs you have to open, and how clean your hdd really is.

hoped this helped.
as far as a program, use CPU-Z or SUPER PI to test cpu benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom