computer rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman43

Solid State Member
hi this is my first post with this website. we have an emachines t5254 desktop and i was wondering how hard would it be to upgrade this computer into a nice low range gaming pc on a budget? my budget is 400 but if i had to spend more to make a decent computer i would. as this is my first endeavor with computer upgrading or anything computer hardware related any and all help is appreciated.
thank you for your time

what do you find lacking?
too little storage space?
gaming performance?
3D modeling/ rendering performance?

you gotta give me more information.

what do you find lacking?
too little storage space?
gaming performance?
3D modeling/ rendering performance?

you gotta give me more information.

mainly gaming performance and 3d modeling/ rendering performance the storage on it is fine for me. and it needs a new dvd/cd drive.

mainly gaming performance and 3d modeling/ rendering performance the storage on it is fine for me. and it needs a new dvd/cd drive.

That is a vague description of what you are using your computer for. Which games do you wish to play? What kind of Resolution and game quality do you want to play those games at? What programs will you be using for 3d modeling and rendering?

First of all, he can't upgrade his DDR2 667. 2GB is the limiti of that board.

He can't upgrade to any spectacular graphics, as his is integrated atm (AFAIK), and he only has a PCIE x8 available.

320GB should be enough disk space for any basic user.

i have to admit i did not understand what 3d rendering. seeing as it has nothing to do with gaming i guess i dont need it. the games i play alot are the sims 3 and minecraft. this computer seems to do okay on those but they take awhile to load.i want it for internet browsing and other lighter tasks the heaviest is gaming. i want something to increase my performance in those areas and still be reliable, we have had a lot of trouble with this computer in the past, but that may be operating system
sry for the confusion still getting a grasp on terms and such in this area

also any recommendations on a good disk drive?

+1 for the WB Blacks.

The build Fat.Clown posted is a good one, but you will need a new OS. Go with the mobo, CPU, and RAM. Grab a new WD Black hard drive and a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM. The onboard 4250 will be a lot better than the 6100 you are currently using. That will put you at around $365. You can toss in a SATA DVD burner for around 20-25.

Later on you will probably want to add a graphics card. You will need to replace your power supply when you do, so plan on $150 minimum at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom