Computer package and upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdBoy

Beta member
Hi guys,
So my laptop of 5 years decided to go out on me and so my parents are getting me a desktop replacement now, I've been looking up on these computers at bestbuy earlier

Asus Essentio CM1630-06 Desktop, 20" LCD Monitor & 3-in-1 Printer Package

Gateway DX4850-27EU Desktop, 23" LCD Monitor & 3-in-1 Printer Package

are these good computers to start off of? I'm probably not gonna do much to it, besides regular gaming so I might need to upgrade the power supply and graphics card on the asus, but that might be an extra $200 and almost close to the same price as the Gateway. But I'm not sure whether or not the gateway is already a good setup for gaming and regular usage.
Also there is the question of a wireless adapter, since they both don't have wireless built in. Is it better to get the one for the pc express like this D-Link - Xtreme N Wireless-N Desktop Expresscard - DWA-556
or get a usb one like these
NETGEAR - Wireless-N 150 USB Adapter - WNA1100-100ENS
Cisco Linksys - AE1000 High-Performance Wireless-N Adapter - AE1000
Belkin - Surf & Share Wireless-N USB Adapter - F7D2101

hope you guys can help :)

If you just need a tower, I suggest building it yourself. Also, "regular gaming" is pretty generic. Can you provide examples of the games you play, the resolutions you play, and the quality you expect to play those games at (for example, low, high, ultra)?

well thats the thing, i had a laptop as my basic computer for the past 6 years, i would build a tower but im just using it for daily usage and a few games like black ops, mw2, dead space 2, im planning on getting the game brink when it comes out so i guess on the level that it can play those games and upcoming games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom