computer overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney101

Solid State Member
since i have broadband i have been leaving my comptuer on almost all the time. i do turn the screen off when im not using it though, but will this be causing other problems- im thinking in terms of over heating it. i have a gigabyte AGP 8x cooling fan, will this be good enough to keep the pc cool. if not can someone please suggest me a new one to get, and give me a bit of background info on them ie. what size/speeds they come in and good brands. thank you

please give a little more about your computer. over heating would have been an issue right from the start, had that been the case, if you leave it on all the time... we can help with some fan placement and what not but we will need a little more info.

Yeah leaving a system idle will not cause it to overheat, but I never recomend people leave their computers running it sucks in to much crap and it decreases the life expectancey of your fans and other moving parts. In this day and age of modern OS'S that are very stable and boot with no issues there is no reason to leave your PC running if you are not using it.

I am really bad to leave my computer on all the time also and every now and then the computer just shuts itself off its weird but I am wondering if this is from over heating?

barbiedoll1973 said:
I am really bad to leave my computer on all the time also and every now and then the computer just shuts itself off its weird but I am wondering if this is from over heating?

I doubt it's from overheating... how old is it? and how often do you do system maintainance? (defrag, cleanup, anti-stuff, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom