Computer not working for the 3rd time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
Lol so here I am again, my computer was sitting on the desktop one night while I was playing on my ps3, then suddenly I hear the speakers pop and the computer shuts off, and it smells inside the computer, I'm thinkin power supply since it won't come back on, so does this guy at the place I buy my computer, so I ship them my Thermaltake Toughpower 750W, and they call me back saying, "your power supply seems fine but we'll replace it just to be safe" so I'll see when I get it back, I'll get a new power cord. and put that power supply back in, so I'm guessing if it still doesn't turn on its 100% a motherboard problem if I'm correct, because if it was a blown out CPU the thing would still power up but just not boot right?

Well I'm back, and it was the motherboard, so I threw out that PCChips crap and got a ASUS M3N72-D (AM2+) works great, I reinstalled windows on my first partition so I wouldn't have any problems, only thing I got to complain about now is that it takes awhile to open My Music Folder, I moved it to the 2nd partition and copied all my music and stuff from my previous installation into that folder, maybe it has to do something with ownership of the all the music in the folder, but I don't remember how to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom