Computer for my mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
My moms birthday is coming up soon and me and my dad decided to buy her parts separate and build her one.....Her 2000 Gateway isnt doing the job...she wants to use this computer soley for Photos , video camera and Email....I know how to build computers, my dad dosent and my mom dosent even know we might get her one

Stuff I had in mind:

I want her to have a Fast processor, but not ridicusoly fast.

As for harddrive I think A seagate Barracudda 400 GB? She uses lots of space

She dosent need any of those fancy side windows, and shes 39 turning big 40..

Shes OK with computers and shes replaced several Harddrives on hers...

Also Im guessing Norton Anti Virus..Dunno if I should get Windows Media for OS or Regular XP

Im asking if you could help me build her one...Thanks any one

Shoot me an IM on AOL or send me a PM if you need any help, I'd be happy to, but don't feel like making a long post for nothin.

Ryan

Sorry ryan Id love to but this laptop is the only computer in the house, besides that dirt old gateway and AIM dosent work with this.. ..I just need basic stuff...nothing extreme..but thanks any way.

well since she isnt a gamer, i say get a sempron 64. A 2800+ would do her good. I cant agree with you on the 400 gig hdd though. Even if she uses a lot of space even 200 gig's is plenty. Get an athlon 64 if you have more money though, but that isnt necessary for what she is using the computer for. Add 512mb ram and it should come out fine for her. But what is your budget first so we can get started?

Cooler Master Centrion 5 Case - $49
Antec PSU 400w - $49
AMD Athlon 3200+ - $190
MSI Neo Plat 4 - $120
1GIG Corsair Value Select - $90
Seagate Barracuda SATA 300G - $130
NEC DVD/CD Multidrive - $40
eVGA GeForce 7300GS - $99
XP Home - $90

That's about $750.... Great PC for MOM!!!

AV: Trend Micro PC Cillin

whoa a $700 computer just for photos and plugging in a videocamera? If thats how much you want to spend though than i can work with that. Does it need a keyboard and mouse and monitor too? Is it everything or is it just a computer? If all she is doing is that you could just buy a pre built computer. They have media center pc's. That would be perfect for her since all she is doing is media.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat60700050017&id=1130986697065

but if you do want to build then do you need a monitor and mouse and speakers etc. or do you ahve all that? What is all that you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom