computer for mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtj922

Solid State Member
Ok, I'm building a computer for my mom and I'm trying to decide on which components to put in it. She only uses it for the internet and email, so I don't need anything too crazy, but I would like it to be really quick, reliable, and fairly inexpensive. She also only needs a 40gb harddrive. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

Well you need to give us some sort of budget to work with, but a system like that could easily be done for $3-400. Assuming you don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, ect.....

If she's only using it for Internet, then Intel is the way to go. They support DDR2 (which is a must have) and they seem to be better for multimedia. You can get a 2.8GHZ P4 for pretty cheap nowadayz.

already have keyboard, monitor, and mouse and probably a few other components from her older computer that may be of use. My budget is $300 - $400. I also have windows xp already. What kind of combination do you recommend for motherboard, processor, harddrive, etc. Thanks again.

thanks so far, what about harddrive, ram, and anything else you can think of? I was thinking about a seagate barracuda for the harddrive.

good harddrive choice... go with a stick of like corsair valueselcect 512. try an antec 350 watt psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom