Computer into a portable Mp3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticDirtbika

Beta member
Hello. I got an Idea in my head a few days ago about creating a type of music jukebox or big Mp3 player out of a computer I have lying around. I don't know much about computers, I have taken a few apart, but don't know too much about the terms associated with them, and all the different programs and programming. I'm not a complet e idiot though, I can do basic programming on Quickbasic, some html, and a few other minor things. I came here because it seemed like alot of the members here know what they are talking about and might be able to help me.
I know I could put it together given the right parts, but I would probably need someone to help with programming later. That doesn't matter right now though, what I need to know is, is this possible? Just a side note, This would be going in my car and hooking up to a car audio system.
The Computer I have to cannabalize is an Emachines T1120, 1.2 GHz, 256 Mb, 40Gb Hard Drive.
The Music jukebox has to to:
- Run/ Be managable without a screen.
-Turn On and Off right away using a toggle switch or push button
-Use as little power as possible. I could run it off an extra battery if I have o, but I'd rather not.
-Upon startup, music needs to start where I left it off at.
-Music needs to be able to stop, fast forward, rewind, pause, play, go forward a track, and go back a track.
-The Music will be accescible and saved through playlists and who the artist is.
-controlled through a Keypad of some sort, I'd like to stay away from a bulky desktop keyboard. Maybe a PDA keyboard? Make a Car head unit think its a cd changer aand control it through the head unit?
-Needs to be able to hold at least 600 tracks of music
-Has to be removeable
-Music needs to be downloaded onto it using either a disk drive, or modem, or both

Other things I'd like it to do, but it doesn't have to-
-A screen can be used to view the Music files and add/delete them
-wireless internet with a program for downloadng music
-Small LCD screen that shows the track Information.

Some other Ideas I had were using an Mp3 player and addingg the hard drive from the computer.

To run it, possibly program it to act like a disk changer and plug into a Head Unit using an Aux cable. That way it would be controllable through the HEad Unt.
Is any of this possible, or am I just nuts? Thanks for any information anyone might be able to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom