Computer Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbiter

In Runtime
I am interested in building my own gaming rig, I'm new to building computers but I would like to be able to build one. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My budget is around $1000 but I can go higher if needed. The games I play are mostly MMORPGS. I would like to build a gaming rig that will be able to run these games with no problems or lag. I currently have a 19 inch lcd monitor so I'm not sure if I will need a new one or not. I will also need a new keyboard and mouse. If anyone could recommend a good gaming build for me I would greatly appreciate it. :D Thanks!

Good build with excellent overclocking potential.

Don't need a new monitor unless you want to dual screen or need one for a specific reason, a monitor isn't limited to a single computer :p

^well actually I'd highly recommend a new monitor.

Lots of people upgrade GFX cards and their rigs but don't realize that simply getting a larger screen will enhance their gaming experience by quite a bit.

I would say 22" is a minimum these days....a very nice size. Anything past that and you start to pay a lot of money.

Also a higher resolution will give you more desktop space as well as give the GPU more of a chance to stretch its legs. (1440x900 is lower than 1280x1024 after all)....

Something like this would be a great addition to a new rig
Newegg.com - BenQ G2200w Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 2500:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

^well actually I'd highly recommend a new monitor.

Lots of people upgrade GFX cards and their rigs but don't realize that simply getting a larger screen will enhance their gaming experience by quite a bit.

I would say 22" is a minimum these days....a very nice size. Anything past that and you start to pay a lot of money.

Also a higher resolution will give you more desktop space as well as give the GPU more of a chance to stretch its legs. (1440x900 is lower than 1280x1024 after all)....

Wow... I'm only at 19''' but I like it, its still widescreen and gives me decent gaming performance, but thats probably the reason I'd be satisfied with an x1800-x1900 card or 8800GS/ HD 3850 if I had one

maybe a I45 though?
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

It may give you a bit more desktop space, but 1440x900 is widescreen and looks better on most monitors than 1280x1024.

Thanks for the build gurusan and yeah its me Örion lol. Can I use any case I choose? I want to get something like this...
Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Yes as long as it's an ATX standard case it will work fine....

It may give you a bit more desktop space, but 1440x900 is widescreen and looks better on most monitors than 1280x1024.

Yes I totally agree....but my point was that at 1440x900 the GPU is not going to be doing much work.....most games will be CPU dependent as that's pretty close to 1024x768

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom