Computer for a friend build cheap as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiders_best

In Runtime
I need help with a build for someone.

he already has monitor, floppy drive, cd burner, case, keyboard mouse, and he doesn't need a grafix card just a motherboard with a VGA out put for his CRT also he has a hard drive

He will not be overclocking

will just being using it for internet and basic programs, like word and exel

You can get a little cheaper than that if you want. I just built a PC using the same motherboard listed above (It works great). I got the Sempron 64 manila chip for about $33 dollars. I am dual booting with XP pro and Ubuntu and it rocks. I also use 2 512MB sticks rather than the 1GB one (his way is cheaper than mine but no dual channel capability:)). I use Kingston value RAM. I use a sunbeam OEM PS which works fine and is about $10 cheaper than the one listed above. I got it all from newegg as well.
Pat

No don't go with the sempron..spend the extra 30 bucks for a dual-core. So much faster. get whatever is cheaper in ram....512x2 or 1Gb are all just fine.

I put 1gb stick in the list. That way he can just get another 1gb stick, if he wants to upgrade.

No don't go with the sempron..spend the extra 30 bucks for a dual-core. So much faster. get whatever is cheaper in ram....512x2 or 1Gb are all just fine.

raiders_best said:
will just being using it for internet and basic programs, like word and exel.

Sempron is just fine for that. He said as cheap as possible.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom