Computer Fried ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumarrrr

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Yesterday I was downloading movies while I was away from home .. came back and saw that the computer was off ?

Then, when I attempted to power it back on .. it wouldn't budge.

Here's the current status,

After I switch the main power on, there's a led light on the mainboard which is on.

Then, when I press the "on" button on the system, there's a light on the "on" light and the network card, after which it goes back to "off" mode again ...

So, where exactly does the problem lie ?

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Kumar

I'd say more towards motherboard, but yes it could well be the PSU, I just see more cases of cooked motherboards. Try a new PSU first, if not its the motherboard. Although often what happens with my computer if something shorts or theres a problem with the electrics, then it will juts not budge, unplug the PSU and leave ti for 10 mins for the RCD to reset and then retry.

Ruan

I'd say never download illegal movies or anything thats illegal and you will have a happy computer...

I've seen plenty of cases where the computer cases are the problem cause the wiring for the power button comes loose.

Fried?

I would pick up a $10 PS tester...check the PS. If it's not the PS it's the mobo.

Yea, I don't believe in Karma, but I wouldn't download movies...that's a no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom