Computer Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what hefe said.. u need a new psu for a better GPU to power it

Pci-E ---- Pci Express slots. There on your motherboard google the model of ur computer and see if it has atleast 1 of these slots.

-EDIT-

Hmm sorry didn't refresh the page.. so now we need some ram..tell us if ur OS - Operating System (windows vista, windows XP , etc.)

Then if it's 32 bit or 64 bit.

And, if you want 2gb of ram then pretty much your fine with any of the two ( 32 bit, 64 bit) That's what I currently have.

it shows right on the case here & in hardware ATI Radeon 200 Series. i double checked now that I'm home its a a1400e hp pavilion - and i'm running xp service pack 2 home edition

sorry for double post but what does this mean: According to HP it can use up to 4gb of ram. Keeping in mind if you have a 32bit OS it would not be able to utilize all 4gb. -- i can have 4gb but it wont run all of it?

Again: I dont know what u mean by 32 or 64 bit....

Intel Celeron 352
code name: Cedar Mill
Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
DDR 1024 MBytes

Motherboard:
ASUSTek Computer Inc
Altair 1.00
ATI RS400/RC400/RC410
ATI SB400
SMSC

If you need ne thing else let me know

Well then HP's website is wrong as I trust cpuz results over what their website says.

I know your motherboard is an asus but can you post the model of it?

Hmm so were speaking bout what type of ram were putting in correct, but what I was saying is that back like about 4 post u said u needed bout 2gb and i said really didn't matter which u had 64 bit or 32 bit cuz both support 2gb.

Also, hefe think the gpu and psu I picked out for him was solid?

Also, hefe think the gpu and psu I picked out for him was solid?

I wouldn't recommend spending that much on upgrading his system because even with a new gnu the cpu would still severely hold it back.

These parts are $244 before mail in rebates and would be everything you meed assuming you reuse the hard drive and optical drive form your current system. I didn't include a dedicated video card however the integrated HD 3200 is considerably faster than your current gpu and you could easily upgrade to a dedicated card in the future.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0 AM2+ / AM3 Ready AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC22G6400LLK - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom