Computer CPU Processor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like I have a case and a motherboard selected. I suppose the only other things I need then would be RAM, and a processor. I have a video card, I have a PSU, and I have a hard drive and CD-Drives I can use. Am I correct in my thinking?

Edit: And an Operating System

I have selected the following parts (with your help) and I was wanting to know if they are all compatible with one another:

Processor
RAM
Motherboard
Case

My video card is a GeForce 6800GS PCI-Express and my PSU is this one. And, would the Processor and RAM I selected be compatible with everything else? I'd like to try and learn how to pick compatible hardware that way I don't need to ask this every single time for something.

Which CPU and RAM did you select?

edit: Oh I see...all those choices are great.

I did have a cheaper option 2 up there, but, as I looked at the details realized that it was DDR2 675 (it wasn't 800) so I had to scratch that as a choice. I think I will go with the processor I picked out, but the RAM you picked out. I know the RAM I picked out has the Mail-in-Rebate, but shouldn't figure that in to the cost. I need to figure in how much it will cost now and go from there.

At the moment I have at most $300 to spend. I would prefer to wait a month or so to save up enough to get the parts you have helped me select. However, I don't really want to spend more than $600 dollars total (that includes me having to buy Windows XP Media Edition for $109).

If I got that motherboard I would need a new case, mine isn't big enough. I will just be patient here. I just need to wait for 2 or 3 more paychecks then I can buy all the parts. Love your sig with the smiley knocking away IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom