Computer Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan0708

Solid State Member
I am wondering because im trying to make a computer my self and im wondering which websites will sell me cheaper components for:
AMD athlon 64x2
2x kingston 2gb ram memory
nividia 8600
I am also wondering if anyone knows cheap internal 150gb hard drives and knowing a cheap computer desktop which i can fit 4 gb ram within that
P.S im trying to spend around £500 please help me

Since you used £ I'll assume you are from the UK in which case Aria, scan, novatech, microdirect, ebuyer, overclockers.co.uk and dabs are all worth checking out.
I would not recommend those componants though as you can do a lot better for your money. Tell us what you want the PC for and your budget and we can help you select componants.

EDIT: I see you have given a budget already, in that case do you want a monitor/keyboard/mouse or just the desktop unit?

and im wondering which websites will sell me cheaper components for:
You're very unlikely to find any site which will buy your old components; I don't know of any in the UK.

If you're planning on building yourself, these are good sites to buy from:

scan.co.uk (my favourite, I buy the majority of parts from there)
ebuyer.com
dabs.com
aria.co.uk

We can put together a decent build for you (£500 can get you a decent machine), if you like. What are you planning to be using this computer for (gaming or not?), and do you need a monitor/OS/case?

Edit: ****, kmote beat me :p

You're very unlikely to find any site which will buy your old components; I don't know of any in the UK.

If you're planning on building yourself, these are good sites to buy from:

scan.co.uk (my favourite, I buy the majority of parts from there)
ebuyer.com
dabs.com
aria.co.uk

We can put together a decent build for you (£500 can get you a decent machine), if you like. What are you planning to be using this computer for (gaming or not?), and do you need a monitor/OS/case?

Edit: ****, kmote beat me :p

urm i am acutlly thinking of buying these.

Oh, right. In which case I wholeheartedly agree with kmote, those are aweful choices for components, since you can do much better for your money.

im thinking of a gaming computer to play WoW and i wouldnt mind building it myself its just what descktop would i easily be able to put all of it within it.

urm could you give examples because im kind of new to this computer making and i also need to have the desktop itself so i have to put that into the equation.

im thinking of a gaming computer to play WoW and i wouldnt mind building it myself its just what descktop would i easily be able to put all of it within it.

By 'descktop' do you mean a case of horizontal position, or just a desktop computer as opposed to a laptop/palmtop/etc.?

And please don't double-post, there's an edit button for a reason.

urm could you give examples because im kind of new to this computer making and i also need to have the desktop itself so i have to put that into the equation.
Examples of what exactly?

like a cheap desktop with components already in i just wish to upgrade it thats all.

Because in my opinion i have a laptop and upgrading will take so much time and i dont really like laptops.

like a cheap desktop with components already in i just wish to upgrade it thats all.

Oh, you mean a barebones; you'd do much better to start from scratch, barebones tend to come with bad motherboards and PSUs (power supplies).

If you need to fit a monitor and other peripherals into that £500 budget then I believe you can play WOW on modern integrated graphics and upgrade the GPU later, if not then you can go for an intel build with a dedicated GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom