Computer Building Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

The power supply is too much for your system, but I see you're going to eventually get a dedicated graphics card. But I would suggest this power supply instead:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Retail

What will be the purpose of this computer?

You also, do not need those wires, as the motherboard will come with them. You're also missing RAM. So here's a suggestion:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Yes sorry i do have ram. Are you sure i dont need those wires. because my Burner is OEM and harddrive is OEM. The purpose is mostly just like websurfing in such with maby some gaming on the side.

BTW i auctually bought that G skill ram. will it hurt my comp if the PSU is to high?

It won't hurt for the PSU to be high, but it's so unnecessary.

If you look at the motherboard pictures, it shows that it comes with an SATA cable. Well one, so I guess you just need to buy one more.

yes and one more question. Can a SATA I cable ork with a SATA II cable.

also, why dont you like the thermaltake?

also do i need to buy any more sata cables or power cables?

SATA I is backwards compatible with SATA II, and vice versa. But why are you getting an SATA I cable? Get SATA II.

It's not that I don't like Thermaltake, it's just that I don't normally recommend them for power supplies. And if I'm not mistakened, the Rosewill has more amps on it's +12v rails, which is more important. In my opinion, the Rosewill is better for the price. If you want, you can look at my http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/recommended-pc-components-159027/ guide. But the final choice is your's, so go for the Thermaltake if you want.

You won't need anymore SATA cables, unless you're buying more hard drives, or optical drives. And the power supply should have all the power cables that you need.

I would buy this motherboard:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It bascially has a HD 3450 strapped on inside, overclocking is awesome on the 780G chipset worth the extra $50 and you'll be able to hybrid crossfire in the future for a more cost effective solution.

I would also get this ram:
Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Tighter timings will give it better performance.

i bought the MOBO already so thats out of the question, and i bought ram. Ty for suggestions tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom