Computer Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynysi

Solid State Member
I want to build a computer with this barebone case:
Shuttle XPC SD31P Pentium D ]
and I have no idea what kind of hardware I could actually put inside. Could anyone just put a list of parts that are compatible, or just a list of what I need to find for the hardware to be compatible... confused with the PCI Express parts mainly... got the rest somewhat figured out...

THANX :p

Your PCIe is x16, so get this vid card, unless your gonna be doing some intense gaming, this card should fit your needs
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150099

Here's a good hard drive that's pretty cheap too...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152055

I assume you already know the RAM and monitor and all the other stuff yo're getting. And since you're most likely getting a pentium d I'd check ebay, I got an 820 for about $150 USD, and that's probably the cheapest you'll find a decent dual core CPU but if you don't mind spending an extra $50-$75 you can probably find a 930 which is gonna have 1 or 2 more features then the 820.

i'd trash the shuttle idea altogether.. build from scratch

Though about it but gettin too lazy to build anythin from scratch at the moment...

Your PCIe is x16, so get this vid card, unless your gonna be doing some intense gaming, this card should fit your needs

was actually thinkin for the future, with the new games and such... and I'm goin2 use this for 3D rendering and such... would this video card be enough?

doesn't even say which pentium D processor it comes with.

and for nearly $500 thats a major rip off. not even a decent power supply. you'll get much better perforamnce if you bulit your own stuff

aliasaid said:
doesn't even say which pentium D processor it comes with.

It's a barebones system, you have to buy your own processor. All it gives you is a mobo, psu, and case

As for the gfx card, if you wanna somewhat futureproof your system, get a 7600 then, I'm not too sure how well it'll do at rendering, but it'll play all the gaems you throw at it for the next year or two.

so why does it say pentium D? there are non-peintum D socket 775 processors...

anyways..

so the only different from building from scratch would be mounting the mobo in the case.. and a PSU.. totally not wroth going the shuttle route.

dynysi.. give us your total budget and we'll recommend some nicer parts...

are u joking, your too lazy but the barebone is ok for u? do u no all they did? is but 4 screws on the PSU, and clipped in the mobo? is that worth u wasting ur money?

aliasaid said:
so why does it say pentium D? there are non-peintum D socket 775 processors...

That just means they're pentium d compatible cause not all boards can handle a dual-core processor outta the box without a bios update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom