Computer Build Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morissette23

Solid State Member
Well im defintly taking the plunge next week around tuesday or wed , ive got a new egg preferred account so im defintly ordering from there.

Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Ive already got a copy of windows 7 / kb and mouse

That's around the range of what i want to spend on the entire setup , is that a good buy for what im getting or can someone put together something better for the money?? I heart set on getting the 965 black edition , so thats a must.

computer will only be used to play games l4d2 , cod , mass eff 2 ect. thanks for your help!

ive looked into the i7's but im not really sold im them. that setup also didnt include a monitor so price wise its almost identical to what i had there

yea i know i didnt include a monitor. i was focusing on just the price of the tower and internal components, and like i said, for around the same price, the build i listed is better.

if you dont want an i7, even an i5 build would be better than an amd build w/ a x4 965, considering you have large budget to work with. i know this is up to you cuz it your money, but im just letting you know this.

Yes, the Intel 920 is better than the AMD 965.

As for the video cards, I would go with the 5850. Not every game will properly utilize 2 weaker cards so a single more powerful card is usually the way to go. Plus you can always add a 2nd 5850 later if you ever need it. With 2-5770's you have no future option short of selling what you have already and then buying a new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom