Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLLLLSiNz

Solid State Member
here is my build:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Motherboard: ECS nFORCE4-A754
Videocard: Asus 128Mb x600
hard disk: 80gb and 30gb (i think... well, its 2 hard drives from my old comp)
Memory: G.Skill 1GB DDR PC3200
CD Burner: Old HP 4x4x24 (for now because my other one died)
Diskette: generic 1.44Mb Floppy Disk
Case: Antec Sonata II
Power Supply: 450w SmartPower (that comes with the antec sonata II)

i already have everything except the case and power supply. i have heard that dfi motherboards are good for overclocking? im not really sure, what do you guys think? i may or may not o/c the comp because my dad doesnt want me to. any thoughts? (i can still return the mobo if there is a better suggestion)

the proc, vid card, and memory are all going into the computer FOR SURE.

Yep dfi is the best, either way. You also wont get very far with that video card depending on what your doing.

Yep DFI for the motherboard. And that graphics card isn't looking that hot. Might want to go for something a little better. BTW, i'm selling my ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256mb PCI-E video card, just to give you another option if you're interested. Everything else looks great.

what exactly is so good about DFI mobos? just good for overclocking? i heard that these need at least 480w psu's too o_O

how much are you selling the videocard? right now i dont have mch money haha

also, whats so bad about the vid card, its just a little outdated, right? :p i mean it still retails for liek 200 bux from what i see.

so then... id proly get something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136162

Yea DFI's are just all-around good motherboards. You really don't need a 480w PSU to run it, they just say that so they don't get sued if your mobo like blows up or something lol. I'd be willing to sell my card for $125. BTW, it's about 2 months old and still in mint condition. Just make sure when you chose motherboards that they are the right type, as in a socket 754 mobo with a socket 754 processor.

I don't know what your total cost is on that system, but I just came across a really sweet deal from Monarch Computers.

* Antec Sonata II
*DFI NF4 SLI Infinity
* AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (OEM)(939)
* AMD Certified 64/FX/Opteron Heatsink
* 1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair (VS1GBKIT400)
* Western Digital Caviar SE 160 GB SATA3G 8MB Cache 7200 RPM (WD1600JS)
* NEC ND-3540A 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW (Black) (OEM)
* eVGA GeForce 6800 GS 256MB
(No operating system)

$859 + $59 FedEx Ground

Not too bad a price, but...

* (Buy Windows, $89+) - Complimentary Roundtrip Airfare for 2 with purchase of lodging and up to $780 in software! (Link on the site for details)
* Half-Life 2
* Livestrong Bracelet
* Patriot 128MB SD Flash USB kit
* BONUS 1 Yr. Subscription to Maximum PC
* your choice of a GIFT with PURCHASE! (pen or lanyard)

Too bad all I'm getting is a lump of coal this year.

Check out their site for the low down on it.

Yeah. I thought so.

I didn't post the link, though. Didn't want it to seem like I was posting SPAM.

Also, you might want to look at MSI motherboards...those are supposed to be good...i have actually heard that DFI mobo's break down easliy but i've never used one

I have an MSI board and it's great for me. I've had no problems with it, although i haven't overclocked cause my BIOS is locked :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom