Computer Build (Questions) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Computer Build (Questions)

I'm looking to build a new computer, in fact I found all the parts I wanted, except I was over budget, so I came to these forums to read up on what I needed and how to save some money, searched threads, read stickies... but I think that just made me more "confused", so I'm looking for a little help.

I'm looking to spend around 600 dollars, I need everything except an OS (going to install XP then upgrade to Windows 7). I don't plan to do a whole lot with the computer, mainly listen to music/watch videos, documents and email/internet. Obviously I WANT the best computer out there, but unfortunately I can't spend all my wifes money.

So would you guys be able to help me out and find some parts from newegg to get me a good build. Let me know if I left any info out.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

Default Re: Computer Build (Questions)

sounds like you just need a comp for general use and multitasking, and with your budget it shouldn't be too hard to get a decent rig for that.

a build like this would be good.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HZ201HPB Black 20" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 X-Contrast 15000:1(1000:1) Built-in Speakers

total would be $535 + shipping.

i don't know if you also need a keyboard + mouse and/or other peripherals, but you'd still have some headroom in your budget to get those if you need em.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Sweet, it looks like the combo deals are the way to go, I hadn't looked at any of those, so thanks a bunch!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

no problem .
Closed Thread