Computer Build Project - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Computer Build Project

I'm building a computer for a school project along with for college/personal use. As of now I ordered a Coolermaster960 and The Corsair TX-750 PSU. I feel pretty comfortable with building a computer I can see myself using 4yrs from now and think the new core i7 is a good option.

It seems the core i7 comes with some big prices though with a new motherboard, DDR3 mem, and the 920 cpu equaling about $800+. Im hoping prices go down after the new year but in the case they don't is it really worth still buying this? I want to keep my budget fairly reasonable but I'm willing to put alot of effort in to get the best. The fact im building from the ground up I really think if theres anytime to buy the i7 i'd be now not rebuilding in 2yrs. I'm no hardcore gamer but I do play and use the computer a ton so this is a good investment.

Again what suggestions do you guys have for cpu, motherboard, and memory, etc. Assuming I get the core i7, if not what second hand options would be worth looking into (quad core?)...? thanks!
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On