Computer Build Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juv3nile

Solid State Member
I'm building a computer for a school project along with for college/personal use. As of now I ordered a Coolermaster960 and The Corsair TX-750 PSU. I feel pretty comfortable with building a computer I can see myself using 4yrs from now and think the new core i7 is a good option.

It seems the core i7 comes with some big prices though with a new motherboard, DDR3 mem, and the 920 cpu equaling about $800+. Im hoping prices go down after the new year but in the case they don't is it really worth still buying this? I want to keep my budget fairly reasonable but I'm willing to put alot of effort in to get the best. The fact im building from the ground up I really think if theres anytime to buy the i7 i'd be now not rebuilding in 2yrs. I'm no hardcore gamer but I do play and use the computer a ton so this is a good investment.

Again what suggestions do you guys have for cpu, motherboard, and memory, etc. Assuming I get the core i7, if not what second hand options would be worth looking into (quad core?)...? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom