Computer Build - Compatible and Ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunwalker

Solid State Member
Hi I'm fairly new to actually building computers and the components I've chosen have mainly been chosen due to reviews I've read! I think they are compatible but I'm not 100%...they are;
-ThermalTake Armor+ VH6000BWS case
-MSI NF980-G65 motherboard (I want it to be DDR3, AM3 and SLi compatible and I may be wrong but this was the only one I could find that was all 3?)
-AMD Phenom x4 965 3.4ghz
-NVidia GTX 275 Inno3D ( Inno3D Geforce GTX 275 )
-LG CH08LS10 Bluray reader and DVD writer
-Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard Drive

This leads me to my second question!
RAM to choose? I think I want to go down the DDR3 route as it's the latest technology and I don't want to have to upgrade my motherboard in a years time or something. Also what do you guys think I'll need as a PSU? About 800W? I don't really want to spend more than £200 for BOTH the RAM and the PSU.

Thanks guys.
Shaun.:D

if youre lookin for a psu to support dual gfx cards, then this one will work just fine.
Corsair 750W TX PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - Ebuyer

ram
Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 HyperX Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-27) - Ebuyer

are you set on getting an nvidia card? i dont know which card youre specifically looking at, but for a little more, you could probably get this 5850 which is better than both the gtx 275 and the higher priced gtx 285
PowerColor HD 5850 1GB GDDD5 Dual DVI HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card With Dirt 2 Game - Ebuyer

I'm not necessarily set on nvidia and having read some reviews on the HD5850 I've already decided to change!
Any ideas on a good motherboard to go with it?
Thanks by the way
Shaun

That did look like an excellent mobo as well...but I want an HDMI port !

Ha sorry I should've said.

Ohhh I didn't know that. Now I feel like a total noob. :|

So will I only be able to link one HDMI cable through the HD5850 because it had HDMI port but then I could link another two screens through DVI?

no. in a 3 monitor setup, you will always have to use the display port for one monitor. for the other two monitors, you will have to either use both dvi connections, or 1 dvi and 1 hdmi. you cant do dvi/ dvi/ hdmi.

Unless you get a DVI/HDMI adapter for the others.

253-456.jpg
253-456_1_.jpg

Male DVI-D to Female HDMI Adapter

MM is right... one connector is displayport.

Here ya go:
StarTech.com DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter - Video / audio adapter - Male 20 pin DisplayPort to FeM 19 pin HDMI Type A

Regarding the Spinpoint F1

Make sure to get the 7200RPM version if you want speed, or the 5400RPM version if you want low noise and low power consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom