Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryz167

Solid State Member
OK, so I'm finally diving head first into building my own PC. I spend way too much time on a computer to not have a custom built PC. That said, I am also on a budget, so I was aiming for $500. Strangely enough, I hit $500 exactly to the cent (!!).

I am however paranoid that I'm either forgetting something, or missing some huge compatibility issue so I throw myself at the mercy of people who actually know what they're talking about. Namely you.

Here's my current potential build that will take me from nothing to a fully working PC: Google Docs - custompc

I know it's a lot, so if I'm asking too much just tell me to hit the road and I will, but I'm really in need of some expert advice. Anything you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!

I knew I should have put the OS on my sheet. I have a spare copy of XP Home that I planned on using.

As for the mobo, I knew the microATX were smaller, but will that cripple anything? I was assuming smaller board would help with case organization; is that correct on any level?

I might just get 2 gb sticks, such as Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
but if you want the 4 sticks thats fine too.
I might pick up something a little different than that mb, microatx iskinda small. and i assume on the tower you picked out the m-atx stands for micro-atx so i guess that works out. Heh not too sure about micro, never worked with them.

That RAM sucks because of Cas 5, 5-5-5-15, you can get Cas 4, 4-4-4-12 instead which is better, and they are around teh same price.

I'll be honest that my main reason for going with this mobo was it was in a package deal. However, if a regular ATX board will make things all around easier then I'll absolutely switch it out.

I do have a question so I know what to look for in a new mobo. Since my GPU is an ATI, will getting an SLI mobo in anyway be a waste? I feel like I'd be paying for something I'd never take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom