Computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CriminalCola

Beta member
Hi. Im thinking of building my own computer this time instead of hiring someone to buying one off the net or store. I'd just like you guy's to look at the following config I have picked out and tell me if you think they would be compatible and if it's a very good system overall. Thanks :)

Case: ATX Mid Tower Case w/ 450watt power supply

Motherboard: ABIT IP-95 Socket T VIA P4M890 Micro ATX

CPU: Pentium 4 641 Cedar Mill 3.2GHz LGA 775 (Socket T) 64-bit with Hyperthreading

Memory(RAM): Kingston HyperX 1GB (2x512) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 Dual Channel

Hard Disk: Westerm Digital Caviar SE 320GB 7200RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Harddrive

Video card: Chaintech Geforce 7600GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express 16x

CD ROM Drive: ASUS Combo Drive Beige E-IDE/ATAPI

O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Pro 64bit edition

I also have a static electricity wrist strap and Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound.

Well what are you going to be using this system for? Judging from your video card selection I'm guessing gaming, In which case you should look into Intel's core 2 duo processor, you might have to spend a little more, but you'll get ALOT more performance than you would out of a P4.

Yes. I'm planning on using it for gaming.

I'm looking at the Intel Core 2 Dou E6400. Is this a very good model? The motherboard supports this chip. Is the installation of a Core 2 Dou very different then a Pentium 4?

Also, will my motherboard fit inside the case? And is the hard disk okay? I saw alot of different things like SATA drives.

Sorry, Haven't built a computer before, just tring to make sure it will work before I buy.

Thanks for your time!

Yes the e6400 is a great processor. The installation procedure is the same because they're both the same socket. That hard drive is ok. Also don't get that OS, because of the lack of compatibility, with drivers. Just get the regular xp pro or 32bit version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom