computer $500 or below

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weste47

Beta member
i just want something around 500 that i can play like counter strike on. not to much more, im not a very big gamer just games like halo and counter strike on the computer i'de like to play. My dad is really cheap and doesn't understand anything aobut computers. He wants to get a dell 3000 blaahhh! does anyone know something that would be able to play cs and halo? $500 or below? other than building one

Counter-Strike 1.6?? If it's CS:S, then you'll need a pretty good PC. Hmmm, I can link you to a site where you can get a PC for around $500 that's decent.

www.ibuypower.com "build" yourself one there, and they will build it and ship it to you. Just check it out, good prices for great products IMO.

you can have my P2 system which will max out cs.

Dude how many threads do you have to start on the same thing

cs is a very demanding game. it will take your life, cpu cycles, and bandwidth. people will notice how ignorant you have become. I wouldn't get the newer comp, just take your fathers comp and optimize it (remove excess processes, install the best drivers, etc.)

Dell 3000 doesn't have an AGP slot, it's onboard graphics. You will have to use a PCI video card, and not get one that taxes the power supply too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom