computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
Hey guys. My little brother has a very cheap computer. He has about 40 dollars to spend on something to upgrade it. Laugh all you want, i did when i saw what was in his computer.

CPU - Intel pentium 3
Video -Geforce4 MX 440
512 MB of ram

That is all he told me that was in the computer. What should he do first? He des not have a job so not like he can save up for a whole new system or anything. What do you think lol?:D I tried to figure out what he should get but i have no idea if anything will make a difference in that computer.

Put a dvd burner if he doesn't have one already.
Hard drive, extra space is always useful.

can you find out his mobo... cause he may not be able to upgrade much .. if he has 512 that's all he might be able to get... he might be able to upgrade his video, but not much better than what he has now... why not help your little bro out and help him upgrade to a whole new system. :)

Lol, i was broke 3 months ago, got a job. And am just about to spend over 1000 dollars on my own. I will look into whatever else he has in his computer in a few minutes

Definitely get a DVD burner. They're cheap, and in about 3 years, CD writers will be obsolete. Even cheap Dell's come with DVD writers.

Well, performance-wise, you won't get too far. If you can find a better Pentium 3 CPU (you'll only find used, most likely, for about $10 - 15), try that. I wouldn't even try to upgrade the video card, but maybe an additional hard drive will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom