Completed Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I so forgot about this, so your bump was great for me.

You did a realy good job... As i had said, you forgot the psu and the mobo was outta stock.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX
Newegg.com - MSI 880GM-E41 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
For a mobo cpu.. It comes with a hsf so unless you want a better cooler, you don't really need the Freezer 7. So for the 20 bucks you get a faster dstock speed and a fan.

To me, the psu is very important, I'd recommend a 550W so youre able to slowly upgrade when you want better video cards or powerfuler cpu or more drives.
Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Is a great psu for the price.

I'd switch the 6670 you choose to this powercolor one as its like 20 bucks cheaper..
Newegg.com - PowerColor AX6670 1GBK3-H Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

As you need windows and a quality gpu this is going to be about $550. You can drop to an x2 and get it down to around $500.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX260OCGMBOX

Getting a dual core isnt too bad, as most games won't run more than 2 right now.

I'd recommend getting atleast the 8 series AMD so in a year you will have no issues, i hope, upgrading to better gpu cpus, but it does up the price.
But you can get under $500 if you go with 7 series and the budget brands, like the foxconn and asrock boards

I'm sure if you explain the bit higher now price for a better over time deal, your folks might be more inclined to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom