Complete Cooling Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravingsleep

Baseband Member
My CPU has been running hot while doing strenuous tasks and also the inside of my case is doing the same. I have maximum £65 to spend on cooling upgrades and am wondering what the best idea is:

My current setup is: Stock Cooler, 120mm rear exhaust, 120mm top intake, 120mm side intake, 120mm front intake,

1. Corsair H60 + (Scythe 1850rpm fan on exhaust at the top of case since the H60 will replace my rear exhaust meaning I would just have intakes).

2. Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO + (1 Scythe 1850rpm top exhaust along with the old top fan, and another Scythe 1850rpm on the side in taking)

Hope that makes sense,
Also will I have to purchase thermal paste remover to get the old stuff off? Stock coolers been on for 2 weeks.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

You want the top and back of the case to be exhaust. The front and side should be intake.
Isopropyl Alcohol can remove TIM.

What are your system specs?

CPU: i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz (had to turn turbo off otherwise it would freeze)
GPU: 6870
Case: Zalman Z9
RAM: 2x4gb 1333MHz
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68/GEN3
and network card, disc drive.

can you take and leave the sides of the case off and see how temperatures do? if that wont fix it, more fans probably wont help. It might just be a bad application of thermal grease. redo and the problems should go away.

I built the PC two weeks ago and it hasn't been on much yet so I doubt there's any dust and the temperatures were high at the start as well.

I built the PC two weeks ago and it hasn't been on much yet so I doubt there's any dust and the temperatures were high at the start as well.

What is your exact temperature in ºC?
Is this idle or load?
Temps in ºF may look high, but computer temperatures are measured in ºC.

If the temps were high at the start then likely...
Your CPU heatsink is not on properly.
The TIM is not applied correctly.
You are overclocking.

Yeah it might be the TIM since turbo boosting made it freeze and i want to overclock later so I'm going to get a H60 with a extra exhaust fan for case, done research and seems like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom