Compatible Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Okay so recently my friend's 8800GT burned out and caused some graphics problems on his monitor (weird pixels on the loading screen, larger resolution) and his graphics card wasn't showing up on dxdiag, device manager, and so on and so forth. I went searching on Newegg to find him a new card and found a decent replacement but his older brother found another one which topped mine. My only concern is will it be compatible with their older motherboard. Below are the links for the better card and their current motherboard model. If someone could reassure me they are compatible or inform me that they are not, I would greatly appreciate it and so would they.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R775OC-1GI Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Yeah they've got a 510 PSU if I remember correctly, well over 400W I know for sure. The card doesn't have any PCI-E power ports correct? I know their PSU has at least 1 6-pin PCI-E power port.

Doesn't look like you'll need a 6-pin connector, at least doesn't list it on the AMD website or show one in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom