Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan138

Baseband Member
I was wondering if these items would be compatible with my chipset, I did some research and I think that they are compatible buy I would like to get some confirmation from somebody a little wiser than I.

Chipset: Intel® 915P Express Chipset

Hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Processor

Corsair RAM Value Select 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz

Corsair VX550W 550W ATX Power Supply

EVGA GeForce 9800 GT Video Card

Thanks in advance

What is your budget?
The E4600 is a fairly old cpu I would get the E5200 if you want to start with a low price intel processor or AMD. That ram won't be sufficient to run games, the psu is excessive and the chipset doesn't really matter much tell us your mobo choice

I have a i915Gm-l motherboard.

I believe that that is the foremost of ram that the chipset can handle.

Also my budget isn't huge, just about around $1000 max I think.

So from what I am finding, the aopen website does not have specs for their own board, It appears that board is ddr pc3200 memory so the memory you have chosen will not work. Run CPU-Z which will tell us what ram you are running, the socket type of the board. Do you know if it has pci-e for the graphics card you want? I am still looking for more info on that board.

As Salty said what is your budget? You may be way better off going for a new mb, cpu, ram and gpu than trying to get stuff for the oloder board you have.

I looked it up and it doesn't support DDR2 ram, hhmmmph, not sure what to do about that, I have a around $1000 budget at the moment.

You can do very nicely for 1k. I would start a thread in
Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems. Put down what you want the computer for and what your budget is. List any parts that you can reuse. In your case you may have a dvd drive, monitor and operating system. You can get everything but the OS and monitor that will play all games well for around $600. In that area you will get some great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom