Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymolo

Beta member
Ok. Tonight, I am buying a new motherboard, processor, and video card. Spendy yeah... but hopefully worth it :p
So I need to know whether or not it would be worth it to get a duel core 3200 amd athlon versus a 3700 amd athlon for a processor. Are the duel core processors worth it?
Also, I'm torn on which video card to get: Nvidia's 7800 GT PCIe or their 7800 GTX PCIe. Price jumps a good bit between the two.. and i need to know if it would be worth the jump on that too.
Lastly, can i still use my 450 watt ps with the above, or am i going to need to purchase one with some more watts? It says 450 is the minimum for a 7800 GT, but i dont know if just meeting the minimum requirements would degrade or damage anything. Would it be wise for me to get, oh.. say a 550 watt, or should i just stay with my current one?

I'm upgrading from an intel p4 2.4 gig processor w/ an agp 128 mb radeon 9800 pro just incase you might have any other tips for me as to what areas i should be concerned with considering in, cuz I am new to the amd and pci express side of things...
thanks dudes!

For the $150 more, the 7800GTX isn't worth it unless you have a kick-*** system to compliment it and plenty of money to upgrade other components as well. The 7800GT will just do fine, but you may be best off waiting for the 7900 series cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom