Which combo deal should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused, some people say the 8450 is better, some say the e7200 is better...

I also don't understand why it costs more for the OEM versions of these CPUs...

^I canceled the order, because I was told the e7200 was better.

Hopefully they will put the money back in by Friday so I can order the e7200.

The E7200 is faster than any of the Phenom tri cores, consumes less power, runs cooler, and is a significantly better overclocker.

X-bit labs - Three Cores vs. Two: AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review

After gaming on both Athlon x2 and Core 2 systems I think AMD being smother is a myth.
I Think the rumor meant to compare intel quad cores and amd quad cores. Idk about Athlon x2's... But either way

I think it is a big dumb stupid myth because there is NO evidence behind it other then the people who say "IT IS LIKE, MAGIKLY SMOOTH LIKE WHEN I USE VASELINE!"

I think people say it for these reasons.
1. They want to feel better about there purchase
2. They want people to buy more AMD products to keep the competition going strong (understandable...)
3. AMD fanbois for life clinging to whatever they can to save AMD.

If there is real proof that it is smoother, let me know.

That X-bit review is dodgey. I read a review a while back where they compared a E8400 to one of the X3's and they ended up being about the same, but the only difference was the X3 was more expensive.

AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review » Page 10 - Testing: Bioshock - Overclockers Club

If anything the X3 series is overlooked.
I really doubt that the e8400 and the x3 are the same... Since people still compare the e8400 to the q6600... But idk many people who purchased the x3.

That X-bit review is dodgey. I read a review a while back where they compared a E8400 to one of the X3's and they ended up being about the same, but the only difference was the X3 was more expensive.

AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review » Page 10 - Testing: Bioshock - Overclockers Club

If anything the X3 series is overlooked.

That review was what I was mostly basing my recommendation on, also the fact that ability for multi-tasking harder is worth a few FPS loss.. like I said.. take the pick

I don't know.. one of the reviews were dodgy

Also, take into consideration that Phenom X3 8450 is the slowest Tri-core. The performance per core for Phenom X3 8450 is much slower than E7200

The E7200 is faster than any of the Phenom tri cores, consumes less power, runs cooler, and is a significantly better overclocker.

X-bit labs - Three Cores vs. Two: AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review

Based on that review you posed , the E7200 is a clear winner (when compared to Phenom 8450)

E7200 didn't outperform Phenom 8450 just in gaming, but in the majority of non-gaming applications

Here is another review that have Phenom 8450 benchmarked
AnandTech: AMD's Phenom X3 8000 Series: Fighting Two Cores with Three?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom