Which combo deal should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I have about $200 to spend on a CPU and a motherboard and newegg is having 2 combo deals on things in my price range.

Combo 1:

Intel E7200

Biostar P45

Combo 2:

AMD Phenom 9600

Biostar 790GX motherboard.

I know AMD is not not as good as Intel but would the quad core beat the dual core (I have never OC'd much before but I am willing to try) and an intel quad core is out of the question.

With the Biostar 79GX motherboard, if I decide to add a HD 4850 or somthing will I be able to crossfire it with another 4850 later on down the line? The board has 2 PCIe slots but I don't know if it does crossfire.

I am leaning to the AMD build because it is a quad core and it will most likely last longer then the dual core.

Thanks.

If you would expect to overclock the e7200 isn't to shabby, plus amd isn't so hot, and are you really going to be multi tasking that much? (cause most games are not optimized for quad cores)

I will be doing some multi-tasking, iTunes web-browsing, using dreamweaver/fireworks, and I will also be doing some light gaming like Oblivion and other games.

How much exactly is it for the Phenom and the 790GX?

The combo deal is exactly $219.98 with free shipping for the AMD Phenom and the 790GX

The Combo deal for the E7200 is $214.98 with a $20 MIR, but the S&H is not free.

Well if you'll be doing more multi-tasking than gaming then go for the AMD while it's cheap. Plus the 790GX is a good chipset.

DON'T GET THE PHENOM 9600!! If you want AMD, then get a -50, B3, TLB Bug free version..

or if you want Intel more, you can get that... e7200 + Biostar I45 is pretty good (unless you get a Q6700 or Q9550 or higher, don't bother with Q6600's, they have bad batches that overclock like crap now)

but if you are interested in Multitasking and good gaming performance maybe you should look at the Phenom X3's with a 790GX?

Yes the 790GX supports Crossfire

So would a 8450 OC'd be better then an E7200 OC'd for games like Oblivion and stuff?

The combo deal for a 8450 with a 790GX is $179, which means I could get like an freezer 7 or 64 w/e one is for AMD.

a q6700 or q9550 is out of the question because of my budget. So basicly I am looking at will the Phenom 8450 be better for multitasking (see second post for multitasking) and some games or would the e7200 be better?

e7200 will probably be a few frames faster in games..

X3 8450 will probably be smoother in games because of the IRC, but it will be better in Multitasking

Ok so i would be better off with the Phenom X3 8450 because I will be able to do better multitasking and game with the loss of a few FPS.

Ok so i would be better off with the Phenom X3 8450 because I will be able to do better multitasking and game with the loss of a few FPS.

Yes, its really up to you at this point...

Intel should have some of their own Tri-cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom