College Build For Sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
She won't be gamming, only purpose to store data, Word processing, Email, IMing and Web Surfing.
Moniter: Already Have.
Mouse: Already Have.
Will only Order From Zipzoomfly Or newegg.

Lets Makes two things clear She will not Learn to use Linux or any other Operating system, And I will NOT and I repeat WILL NOT consider any prebuilt.

And yes, I Am giving her RAID 1.
I am buying her speakers as a present, so Don't ask about or suggest any speaker set.
And If you didn't notice, Im not buying a video card, so any motherboard suggestion will have to be with onboard Video.
And suggestions on how to make the build cheaper would be fine.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
FoxConn Socket 939 ATX
AMPO 512 MB PC3200
Fortron 450 Watt
Sony CD-RW Drive
Seagate Barracuda SATA2 120 GB (two)
XP OS OEM
Low Noise 80MM Fans (Two)
Case
Keyboard

If you see any compatibility problems, Speak up.

Thanks for any input.

Ok, then Suggest a Motherboard and CPU that is the same price or Less then the ones I posted that also meet the specified requirments.

IE: OnBoard Video, At least two SATA ports and Support for RAID 1.

hey, i can sell you an asus a8n5x for the same price, its brand new and nvr been opened before, and i live in chicago so i can deliever it to you, problem is im on vacation right now so if u want it, you have to wait like a week =/

RepuLse said:
hey, i can sell you an asus a8n5x for the same price, its brand new and nvr been opened before, and i live in chicago so i can deliever it to you, problem is im on vacation right now so if u want it, you have to wait like a week =/
I appreciate the offer, However that would only save me shipping and My Mother wouldn't allow it since its her money. (Moms Very untrusting)

So, Im sorry.

hehe! I have a mum like that! #

you would be giving her raid one to ensure data integraty if a fail should occur? seems like a good idea!

the system looks good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom