clean windows install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosunknown

Baseband Member
I just bought a new hard-drive to replace my old one cause it is about 7 yr. old and is going bad. So I took out the old hard-drive and I put in the new one and set the jumper to master setting. Now all I need to do is install my windows xp pro on there but I don't know how. How do you do that?

~ chaosunknown ~

its rather easy actually.
restart your pc. hit delete until you are in bios. in bios look for a 'device priority' setting. set your cdrom as 1st. put the windows disc in that rom. restart. let windows set up. follow the instructions and eventually tell it to fully format. windows will take it from there.

I went to device priority settings and tried to make my dvd-rom drive the first device to boot but it doesn't show it in the list of available device's to boot up with. I need to make the dvd-rom drive the first device to boot up so I can do the clean install cause the windows xp pro which is a dvd. Help would be nice.

~ chaosunknown ~

if that optical drive is that old...there is a chance it is not bootable capable...BUT might also be a chance there is firmware for it to enable such a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom