Choosing graphics board

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I know this may sound lazy but I'm pretty confused as to what I should really get as for my graphics board.

My budget is $150 - $200 at most.

And I'm trying to find a 512mb card with at least 128 bit, and i found it at circuit city but im not sure if it's still in stock.

But if it cant be 512, i'll be fine with 256 just as long as it has 128 bit.

any suggestions ?

As for where to buy it i would deffinatly reccomend newegg, they have unbeatable servive and deals deals deals. Now as for what card to get it depends on the games you plan to be playing and what settings you will be playing them on. I reccomend the ATI X850XT its currently $89 at newegg with rebates, $119 without, it plays most everything perfect with graohics turned as high as they will go on 1280x1024. Even plays oblivion quite nicely cranked up all the way, and overclocks like a dream. I would say thats the best for your budget.

now i have to consider what power supply to buy ><

this is getting complicated well for my budget at least

antec truepower, anything with antec truepower. a 430 like mine will do the job very nicely for around $70

other psu's may have a high wattage, but only antec and a few other brands (i forgot which ones) actually deliver the power they advertise.

but shouldn't i get a 450 anyways because they say that's the minimum wattage for certain gfx boards

should i make sure i have pfc on the psu? I wanna take the utmost caution to prevent frying anything, and the guide for building a comp suggests a pfc, but there isn't much available in my preference/ budget >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom