Choosing a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamo86

Baseband Member
Need a sem-budget case and can't choose between the Antec Solo, the Akasa Zen and the Coolermaster Centurion 5.

Which is the best one in terms of cooling and silence?
Which is the smallest?
Which has the best features?

The CM is totally screwless, but isn't that attractive.

The Zen is beautiful to look at, pretty much just what I was looking for - but its too cheap to be any good, right?

The Antec Solo is not beautiful really, but does sound-proof well.

= Help!

^ Google is your friend

I'd have to say that the CM Centurion 5 is the best out of those bunch, it isn't cheap at all, has great air flow and great wire management potential. if you want looks, you could opt for the side window version, or the colored sidebar version, also if you want it to be more flashy you could swap out the stock fans for some LED fans if you get the windowed version,this is also an option, actually I would recommend almost any Cooler Master Case

Cooler Master is my preferred brand. Centurion 5 is an excellent case, but you can find similar Centurion models for less money.

To be honest, unless you're going to be posting pictures of your rig quite a bit and want the respect, don't worry about a flash case. Just make sure it has enough slots for the hardware you're going to have.

Yeah, I am totally not worried about a flashy case, hence all my suggestions carry an understated look, right?

I originally wanted the CM Centurion 5, but was recommended the Antec Solo for it's noise reduction qualities (added ability to "suspend" 3 hard drives with elastic) and then the Lian-Li's for their understated looks and wicked cool interior, with removable MoBo tray.

Seems the majority ghere are in favour of the CM Centurion 5??

Lian Li has overall best build quality and really good airflow in the entire system. It's boring looking, but it does the job and more. It costs much higher than the usual cases because of that. Although I hear from some people that it can be a little cramped in there, it will fit all hardware devices regardless.

Whatever you do, don't get those LED lit case fans. OMG, they bug the **** out of me at night. It's a true night light, lol. Not only that, but people will know if your PC is on at night because of the bright blue glow that can be seen from underneath your door. This is probably just me, but I will NEVER get LED fans every again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom