Check out this system please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugdawg

Beta member
First post here so be gentle. I am looking for a new family computer. It will mainly be for surfing, email, digital photo storage, home video stuff (storage and burning dvd, etc), no gaming to speak of. The system looks to be a good deal for the money to me, but that may be the problem. I am not very tech savy. I would appreciate any advice from you fellas or gals, I have been lurking for awhile and am impressed by the know-how on here. The price almost seems too good and that makes me a little leery, but I don't have the background to know why. Any advice is welcomed, positive, negative or different direction. Thanks. Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3100-UD5200A Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 3GB DDR2 500GB ATI Radeon X1250 IGP Windows Vista Home Premium (English / French) - Retail

wow that is a really good price for a really decent computer. I would say that looks good, go ahead and get it. The only downside to that computer from what i can see if the gfx card, but you really aren't doing anything graphic intensive so that should be no problem.

Seems like a decent computer... agree with the graphics issue, but you can always change that out, if you want to do something later on... go for it.

Thanks for the advice. Any other systems that you have run across that would be better for close to the same amount of money?

About the only thing I might say that would be better is if you could find a system with a Core 2 Duo, but for what you want out of it, I would say this is more than adequate. the only thing I do question is I can't tell if the OS is 64-bit or not... but other than that it's a decent setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom