cheapest computer possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonalwaysready

Daemon Poster
Im in need of buying a computer that the only purpose will be to use the web to file a report that takes half an hour or less every few days or more. id like to have the cheapest system, with monitor keyboard and mouse... dont need speakers...

as for a budget, the cheapest dell is a few orders of magnitudes greater than what i need, so it should be cheaper than that. putting it together or prefab doesnt make too much difference... it should just be the cheapest thing that can run explorer out there.

thanks a lot

When you want cheap and have less then 500-600 USD to spend. Buy a Dell.

It is a pain to say, but it is true..
It is only worth it to build a computer peice by peice when you have more than say 800 min to spend..

I agree with Ste. If you are looking for something cheaper than a Dell, you should look into getting something second-hand.

I feel Google is going to be your friend here, im pretty sure you can purchase a very low spec apple for under £50 ;)

i just sold a dell 1.8ghz p4, 768mb ram 40gb HDD for 100 bucks, should have been here a couple weeks ago on the buy/sell/trade section

Id go with a laptop, but i dont trust these people as far as i can throw em, so i was looking for something i could chain down/ leave tower in a locked cabinet. i guess/older uglier would help as well.....

how much is something like this worth?

he wants 80... should i offer 50?

IBM Netvista Type 2254

Intel Celeron 900MHz
256MB RAM
20GB 5400RPM IDE HDD
2- CDRom drives
56K modem
Intel Pro/100 Ethernet
Windows 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.