cheapest amount to build a computer on tiger direct? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default cheapest amount to build a computer on tiger direct?

im looking into building my own and first computer. First off i dont have much expirience, or lots of money lol. Secondly i want to build a decent computer, im not a big gamer or server or somethign, i just like to use photoshop, download stuff and ETC. The other day i went through tiger direct for prices and added up everythign i would need ot build a computer and i came to about 225$ before shipping. Does this sound unreasonable? i had a casing, motherboard with CPU and sound cards and video, a hard driver, a disk drive, a power supply, RAM memory...and not sure what else but i believed it was everythign needed. I want to run with 512mn ram and at least like 2.0 ghz and want to know any suggesitons

Old 01-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

first off look at this...........

It's a guide to help you build your computer.

Also $225 is kind of low even if it isn't a gaming computer. Sometimes things may seem cheap and good but really they are a piece of junk. I know from experience. Why dont you share the parts that you are considering to buy and we can tell you if the parts are ok or just too cheap. Just give us a link to every thing you are going to buy. It could be reasonable, but i don't know yet because i have to see the parts.

New build in progress, but this is what I got for now:
-AMD x2 5200+
-Asus M3A78-EM AM2+
-Buffalo 2x1gb ddr2 800
-Hitachi 250gb Sata HDD
-Antec Minuet Case w/ 350w psu
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

I would suggest going through as your retail store. I've dealt with tigerdirect. They're pretty good at getting the product to you, but that's it. If you need to return a part for any reason, don't count on it being easy. I couldn't hardly get them to take back thier brand new DFI motherboard. Newegg has the best customer service around. The prices usually beat tigerdirect anyway...

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource:
Old 01-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a differant opinion on newegg.The only reason I cant buy from them is they for some reason cannot shipp to me I gave them the correct address,Plus they dont re shipp when a package is is returned to them.I tryed to get my HD's from them three times yet no luck.Then I went to tigerdirect and gave them the same addres as newegg had and shipped no problem.nothing against newegg though got a dvd burner from them a long time ago some how?
it would help if you could give us link to what you are getting?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I agree with FghtinIrshNvrDi. go to and you'll get what you want from them.
HDD-120 GB ATA100
1 GB (2X512) G.SKILL
Closed Thread