cheaper quad cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu3kGTVR4

Baseband Member
I'm looking to buy a new processor soon and most likely my choice will be a core 2 duo 6600, but I was wondering if anyone knew if Intel was planning on releasing cheaper quad core chips? Right now there seems to be only the Quad Q6600 for about $850... I know quad cores aren't really being utilized right now, but it would be cool to have one, just not for $850... So anyone know if Intel will be coming out with cheaper ones and approximately when?

I think you'll be looking at a while before quad cores even become more wide spread, let alone cheaper.

Dual core is hardly utilized by the whole system these days as is and you already want quad core eh?

well it's not whether the system uses it but rather whether he uses it.

i'm not aware of any other quad cores to come but my educated guess is that they may only look into a qx6800 model in the near future to outstrip the current qx6700. perhaps later they may release a q6400 and even eventually have a complete quad core range to match the dual cores. however i doubt we'll see any new models for a while.

ahh ok, thanks for the replies. i'll probably order my stuff today and maybe by the time they come out with a line of cheaper quad cores i'll be ready to upgrade or make a new pc again.

Yea, most likely by the time you're ready to upgrade next, your products life cycles will be over, and by then, theirs a lot better chance for their to be cheaper quad cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom