Cheap Gfx Card Should I Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
Hey I was gonna build a comp (read my sig) but i decided to bomb that and just buy a car er sumtin..maybe build one later wen prices drop more.. but for now i want a cheap GFX card to play WoW. im thinkin a PNY Verto Geforce FX 5500 AGP 4x/8x card. It requires a minimum of 250W PSU..I have a 250W PSU..is this gonna cause a problem? this is the whold reason i started building a new comp..i wanna play WoW..that GFX needs 250W i have 250W ive read forums about not enough power causes the GFX card to crap out. HELP ME

Unfortunatly ive already tried that..my PSU is proprietary..I plugged in a 400W PSU and my comp woodnt turn on :'(. so.. i have to pray that 250W will support it..its my last hope

If you plugged in a better PSU and it won't turn on, then it sounds as if something wasn't connected or something was backwards. I've never heard of a system not turing on cause it had TO MUCH juice?!?!

What's the make and model of your comp? Maybe we can find a compatible PSU.

umm my mobo is 24 pin and i plugged in a 400W 24 pin PSU it plugged in but woodnt turn on..compaq specially wires their PSU...ALL I WANNA KNO IS CAN I RUN THE GFX CARD WITH MY 250W PSU I CANT UPGRADE NE I JUST NEED A DECENT GFX CARD FOR WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom