Cheap gaming pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hey guys, im low on money so i need to upgrade a very basic pc for gaming.
Ive got
P4: 1.8ghz with 512ram and a fx5200.

All i want to do with this is, upgrade it so that i can play a few games like
america's army, fear, BF2142,Command and Conquer, AOE etc and.....starcraft2 when it comes out.

Can i upgrade my computer to run these games?. Like if i just upgrade my Ram to about 1.5g etc. and graphics.

oh yeah and whats a good "lowest price"- "generally good" graphics card which performs well for newer games?.

Yeap.....lol still gonna be (rap, i know but im even going to overclock the CPU.

Any advice?;)

i have to say a cheap video card that was fun for me was the 8500gt, i got 150 fps on CS:S with everything but aa turned up, but if your going to dish out the 80 bucks for it you might always think back later and say "****, only 2 hundred more and i could of gotten an 8800gt" i did same thing but.. (thank god for the stepup program)

If you have the money build a new pc before you upgrade something with a p4.....

do you even have pcie slots?

nickm926 said:
surely newegg dont ship to new zealand
What? You didn't know the Egg will ship down under? They still don't ship to the UK or EU, though.

/jk ;)

I've got some good s939 parts for sale if you're interested: 2x512mb ddr400, an Asus A8N-E NF4 ultra motherboard and an athlon 64 3000. You could fill the rest with your current parts, it will hold you over until you makee a newer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom