Cheap build for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakie

In Runtime
I am going to start playing wow again, and I need a new PC. I already have most of it, I need a processor, motherboard, a graphics card, some ram and a good thermal paste. I need a budget build, I would like to spend under $300 for all of this. Some recommendations for what pieces to get would really help, ive been out of the PC loop for awhile now. And I only want this PC for WoW so I do not need a great computer, just something that can get 30FPS in a raid situation.

Don't do it man, dont throw your life away. If you managed to escape wow, stay away. That being said, what size monitor are you using.

Haha, well im managing to keep from playing too much this time, im just putting in 3 hour days. Trotter that looks like a good build, when looking at some of the pieces you recommended though I came across a couple of combo deals that seem like a great deal.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
The same mobo Trotter recommended and a AMD 6000+ Windsor-- $142

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
The same GPU Trotter recommended and some OCZ Reaper HPC 4gigs-- $132

I remember a little while ago when I was visiting these forums that the reaper HPC is some of the best ram you can get, is that still true or am I better off with the G.Skill. Am I better off with the 7750 Kuma also?

The HPC should be fine, but I would stick with the 7750 Kuma. The 7750 should outrun the 6000+ (newer gen) and costs less even without a combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom