Cheap AGP video card needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
My brother wants a new gaming video card for his birthday, he's using an ATI all in wonder right now and wants to replace it. Not sure if I need to know his mobo make/model for best fit but I think it's an older ASUS....but not 100% sure.

He plays:
WOW
Counter Strike
Doom3

Nothing too too demanding....budget around $100 CAN...

Is it possible?

Ok, here is what I've found, any to take off this list...recommendations? They are all roughly the same price...give or take $15.

Biostar GeForce 6800 XE of XT
DiabloTek Radeon 9600XT
Diamond S120 Radeon 9550
NVIDIA GeForce FX5500

Please don't reference newegg.com, yeah better prices there but they won't ship to Canada so no can do...

Thanks

Ok, here is what I've found, any to take off this list...recommendations? They are all roughly the same price...give or take $15.

Biostar GeForce 6800 XE of XT
DiabloTek Radeon 9600XT
Diamond S120 Radeon 9550
NVIDIA GeForce FX5500

Please don't reference newegg.com, yeah better prices there but they won't ship to Canada so no can do...

Thanks

Either the 6800 or the 9600xt. I've never really had wonderful experiences with biostar, but you might as well go with it cause the performance difference in doom 3 would be substantial.

Thanks!

I called my other brother and had him try and ID the mobo in my brothers comp but he couldn't, turns out he swaped the old ASUS out last year when it kicked the bucket, now he has a cheapo from some random office comp at work....intel? don't know....anyways, he has a 32MB ATI all in wonder right now which is what I want to replace for him.

Could there be a problem with these AGP 8X and the mobo only supporting 4X? Or will an 8X card default to 4X?

example: Biostar GeForce 6800 XE 256MB DDR2 AGP 8x DVI VGA TV Out Video Card V6802XE-21 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom