Changing Cases... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHiTeSuMMeR

Solid State Member
Hey, I just bought a new case today.
and everything was going well.
until i realized that the mother board had a plastic thing on the underside.
making it so that the screws dont reach the other side of the case.
i can push it down.
and it bends a little.
but that can't be good...
is it bad??
the case i had before had raised places to put the screws.
i need help!!

So, there's no packages that came with the case that have "nipples"? Those are the things you screw in the motherboard tray / case that you screw the motherboard into to levitate it off the tray / case.

ummm.
i dont think i specifically looked.
let me check.....

omg!
They're there.
im dumb.
they're little metal things with a female side and a male side right???

You are correct. Screw them in then attach the motherboard to that. Good luck and come back if you need anymore help.

Also, don't forget to put those little washers on the screws when you're putting in the motherboard.

new question...

how do i put on the i/o cover.
i think thats what its called.
i tried putting in the motherboard with the nipple things
then putting the cover on from the outside.
that didnt work.
then i tried to put the i/o cover on.
and then the mother board.
but that didnt work either!!!

Ok, first of all, you can do either of these first. Install the new I/O plate or put the nipples in the tray/case, it doesn't matter which of those you do first. Make sure you put the nipples all in the correct holes depending on what style case and motherboard you have (e.g.: ATX, Micro ATX, etc.). Consult your case's manual for that. Also, to get out the I/O plate that came with the case, you either push it inwards or outwards. Look at it and see which way. Then just hit it with your fingers and it should fly out. After you know which way it goes out, put the motherboard's I/O plate in and press until it pops into place.

Now insert the motherboard into the case and properly align its screwholes with the nipples you put in earlier. Then simply screw it in and you should be ready to start installing other hardware and cables.

Edit: Oh, and as I said above, don't forget to put washers on the motherboard when you're screwing it in. If a screw makes contact with metal, the PC might not POST.

but like...

i cant get the screw closest to the i/o plate into its hole because the i/o plate is in the way...

Is it inserted properly? I don't see how it could be in the way if it's properly put into place. Just mess with it a bit until you can figure it out, or post a picture.

v1.jpg

see they dont line up

v2.jpg

but the i/o plate is fine.

Umm.. that first picture is so blurry I have no idea what's going on in it.

Is the problem with the 2nd one that your motherboard cannot get lined up with the I/O plate? Make sure that is the motherboard's I/O plate and not the one that came with the case if that's not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom