A challenge for the tech saavy, Influence my computer construction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexamas

Beta member
So i've been rocking with an Dell XPS 410 for about five years now, and i've spent about $400 on upgrading it about two years ago. The machine is out of date, and now that i'm 19, and getting a resonable amount of income, I think it's time I get a big boy computer (with a mediocre budget :p)

I'm not afraid to build the machine, so i've been on newegg the whole day, looking for good deals and whatnot. What I need help with though, is seeing is the parts I want to buy are actually exeptional and price efficient.

I'm not going to be rendering videos like nuts, or playing anything really unreal engine 10,000 related. Just want to be able to play Rift, and Starcraft II, and Battlefield on the highest detail and not get 14 FPS.

What i'm thinking of buying, and this is from my careful, yet ignorant, consideration:

(With a $650ish budget, cheaper, the better, really focusing on playing MMO's on ultra with good FPS.)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 455 (3.3 GHz) $82

MB: ASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard $69

GPU: ASUS ENGTS450 DC OC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB $109

PS:OCZ Mod x stream 500W
(From my other computer)

Case: COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II $89

RAM: PNY XLR8 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $28 and I'll be putting in the two DDR3 OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3 1333 2Gig each.(from my other rig) (Total of 8 Gig on all the slots)

Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm $39

I mean, like I said, I'm not looking for something that can massage my feet while I grind dungeons, I'm just looking for something that will completely optimize my MMO experience to Ultra graphics and above decent FPS.

So do you guys think this is an alright rig? I'm pretty sure everything will work together, I checked compatability as much as I could, but i'm a bit ignorant when it comes to building entire computers >.<

Please, if you see anything or have any idea how to help me out, don't be shy to write it out. I have no where to turn but you fellers on the internet. Thank you in advance.

Thanks again,
-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom