"Chaining" case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have eight 120mm fans all chained to one molex plug
I got 2 x [1x3pin to 4x3 pin] cables, and attatched both of them to the molex plug, which I modified to have 2x3 pin plugs

I have eight 120mm fans all chained to one molex plug
I got 2 x [1x3pin to 4x3 pin] cables, and attatched both of them to the molex plug, which I modified to have 2x3 pin plugs

The pic of the inside of your case was what got me to thinking :)

@veedub
The reason I want to chain them rather than use a bunch of molex cables is... well... cabling gets really messy, and I'm horrible at it! My goal is to get the computer running without a fan eating a cable, and that's pretty much how far I take it, haha.

I need to figure out how to do it more efficiently. -_-

The reason I want to chain them rather than use a bunch of molex cables is... well... cabling gets really messy
That's exactly why I chained all my fans from one molex connector. And one of the big reasons I got the PC-A70 and modded it.
As well as being able to fit a 360mm radiator internally.

I had one of my fans try to eat a finger when i was recabling the other day. One of the cables was hitting my rear fan and i went to push it away and snapped off 2 blades leaving a lovely bruise on my finger tip.

Me personally, i wouldint chain any. If they have the 4 pin molex connector, i would modify them to then 3 pin and connect them straight to the mobo if theyre quiet,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom